Are you interested in exploring the power of arts in political activism? If you would like to learn how to promote your message through arts and connect with international like -minded creatives this training is for you.
If you would like to learn how to promote your message through arts and connect with international like -minded creatives this training is for you.
Training Course | 12-15 January 2023 | Cork, Ireland
Led by artists and facilitators , Helen O’Keeffe and Claire Coughlan, this training will explore issues that matter to you. This Cork (Ireland) based residential opportunity for yoth leaders and young people will provide safe space for activating your potential in communicating through arts and will explore creative forms of political activism. This hands-on training course will mix the power of art with the energy and enthusiasm of young people.
- To explore and identify issues that matter to you and how to use visual arts as a means of activism and a form of political participation.
- To learn by doing, developing practical skills that you can apply in the creation of an art activist piece addressing these issues.
- To explore how European projects such as Erasmus+ Youth Participation Activities and European Solidarity Corps projects can support this type of work
- To explore different visual arts methods such as street art, zine making and posters, as well as examples of creative activism around the world and what makes effective actions.
- To develop relationships with like-minded peers involved in similar activities across Europe and connect and explore their issues along with the issues of their peers.
- Realise an art activist piece through a process of collaboration
- Developing experience of working with others in solidarity
- Gain new creative methods of working and confidence in expressing their voices through these approaches.
- Be able to connect local to global, linking issues to the broader EU level and a clear understanding of how Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps can support.
- Leave with ideas and potential partners to apply their learning for either a national or an international youth project